Wednesday, April 28, 2010

the trouble with grace

in the latest issue of "Been Thinking About" by RBC, Mart De Haan (grandson of RBC founder) wrote:

I find myself thinking often about something my grandfather was heard to say not long ago before his passing. Reflecting on the miles that were behind him, he hung his head and said to a friend,
"The grace of God... the grace of God. If it were not for the grace of God, I'd be sunk."

Amen! if not for the grace of God, I'd be wrecked and sunk.

The bible talks about this unmerited favor. Why would anyone despise it and avoid it? Is it because they don't want people to use it as an excuse to sin willfully and get away with it? Do we really know the true nature and character of God? Can we really use our own carnal and human mind to put God in a box on how He operates?

God is not to be mocked.

No comments: